[Lincs] HOWTOs for the wiki?

iain baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:20:07 GMT 2005

my appologies ben, in my reply to MD i atributed this idea to pete!

Ben Francis wrote:
> What do people think of having a HOWTO section in the Wiki? If a member
> comes across something they find difficult in Linux, researches it and
> finds a solution they could post a step by step guide for other members
> to read, remembering to mention which distribution they were using at
> the time.
>
> My only worry is that a HOWTO section would be too similar to the E-zine
> although I can see a distinction between a HOWTO and an article.
>
> I have a couple of ideas for HOWTOs relating to setting up a web server.
> Should I post an E-zine article or start a HOWTO section? I feel people
> would feel more inclined to change and improve a HOWTO than edit an
> E-zine article which is somehow more personal.

i like the how-to idea, and i think it can be written in a way that
keeps the feel differant from the E-Zine, and i also feel that it is
more likely to be looked at solutions than the e-zine, which is more
suited to items of interest