[Lincs] Ubuntu, Debian, Horde, Moodle, Easy Moblog, PHPiCalendar

Pete Hunt pete at ninjafriendly.com
Thu Mar 24 18:46:10 GMT 2005

Ben Francis wrote:

> Which web host is that?

www.purplecloud.net -- small & pretty good.

And if you're waiting for Netlinc to pull their
> finger out you're in for a long long wait :P We have the same problem
> with EMBC :)

Yeah, preaching to the choir here.

<seriously offtopic follows>

Purplecloud.net was (while ago) willing to provide secure webmail, 10GB
diskspace, 5GB monthly transfer and as many email accounts as you like
for £100 a year.  I've considered pointing webmail.schooladdress to
their servers.

We're thinking of leaving the EMBC in the very near future - all we
wanted was cheap broadband and we can get that elsewhere now.  Claranet
has a nice robust setup that I'm currently looking at.

BTW, does Netlinc lose your mail? A significant proportion of ours (5%
or so) disappears - doesn't bounce, not blocked by filters, not queued
on a server.  Just enters Netlinc and vanishes.

</offtopic>

Pete