[Lincs] Re: [Fwd: Venue for install fest]

J Simpson V21 hubblesimpson at members.v21.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 20:39:18 GMT 2005

Hi All,

Just to add my two pennies worth.

I belong to a national charity, who covers Lincolnshire as from the Humber
to the Wash.  People have always said the reason why we don't get together
is because too few people in such a large area.

We have tried several times to do the travel all over the county thing.  It
really didn't work for us,  maybe it is because we are generally finacial
poor.

However, what has worked is regular meetings in one place starting in
Lincoln, with occasional meetings in other places.  I presume people got
enthused and set up other groups. Now there are regular groups in Lincoln,
Grimsby and because so many people are getting active someone offered to
cover the bottom of the county, they have a South Lincs group.  We do things
separately and together.  We have a Christmas party together and Annual
Garden Party, when we get a bigger discount for a larger number we get
together.

I suppose what I'm saying is the day there are Linux groups all over
Lincolnshire will be a great moment.  It will mean it has really taken off.
If help for anyone who was starting up was just around the corner, virtually
and literally it would be wonderful.

Regards

Janet