[Lincs] Lincs wiki

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Aug 1 16:29:33 BST 2006

Guys & Gals,

The Lincs wiki as you know is a festival of spam. It has been for over a
year now been getting spammed with no visible sign of removal. It is also
causing issues on the lug.org.uk server on which it resides. I'm not sure if
it's poor coding in the php or just the fact that it's so overwhelmed with
spam but whenever it's hit cpu utilisation of mysql goes through the roof.

I've moved the wiki out of the way to /home/groups/lincs/wiki from
./public_html/wiki to make it inaccessible.

If you'd like to clean it up and put it back with some better anti-spam
measures by all means do so.

In the near future we (lug.org.uk) hope to offer a centralised wiki which
you might want to contribute to. But until then feel free to provide your
own wiki.

Cheers,
Al.
(lug.org.uk)