[Lincs] Web site and LLUG meetings

David Rice dave at ricey.co.uk
Sat Dec 9 16:22:10 GMT 2006

Hi all,

hasn't it been quiet!  But then i've been places warm and sandy so i've
not been around!

Marc McGuinness wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> sorry for me being so quiet for many months. I was really busy and now
> just catching up with my e-mails from August. From May onwards I'll find
> more time for LLUG again.

Me too hopefully
> I think LLUG had a really good come back in 2004. Unfortunately our
> volunteers disappeared somehow. We had plenty of plans, but not much
> happened. We started work on many of our ideas, e.g. Lincs LUG E-Zine or
> the Lincs LUG distro.

LUG Distro still an option now that i have a bit more time, and new
shiney versions of (k)ubuntu to play with!
> Once we start again, we have to keep the ball rolling. There's no point
> in setting up a new web site, if our community is almost dead.

agreed
> I think Matt had a good idea, when he suggested to arrange small
> meetings. Unfortunately I'm not able to find and access his post on
> http://llug.ricey.co.uk/forum/

yeah odd that, i noticed the 'older posts' get dropped out too
quick...settings??? will look into it, but it always was a trial!  lol
> However, I disagree with concentrating on just one meeting place. We had
> these problems before; people from Lincoln won't come to Boston for a
> beer. First of all it's too far and second they'll have to drive and
> can't have a drink anyway.
>
> We need two or three locations and I'd suggest definitely one in Boston
> and one in Lincoln, maybe another one in Grimsby. Goodbarns Yard in
> Boston seems to be a good venue to me.

local centres of excellence - what a good ideas!