[Lincs] Fwd: Message from the web page!

J Simpson V21 hubblesimpson at members.v21.co.uk
Tue May 23 23:05:17 BST 2006

Hi Andy,

I'm sure there are several people able to make better suggestions.
However, my two pennies worth.  I've tried Fedora and Suse.

I would suggest trying a live disc such as Knoppix on your machine
first.  You can have a look around Linux and see how all your hardware
works with it.  When you take the disc out you are back to the way you
were before.

If all your hardware worked and you still want to have a go.  You have
to decide which distribution you want to use, if you want to do a clean
install on your present machine, if you want to share Linux on a machine
or install it on another machine.  (Lots of advice on the web).

Really important make sure your modem works with Linux, so you can still
access the web for advice.

I started off with Redhat 9, then Fedora Core 2.  I am now using Suse
10.0.  I quite like Suse, but I don't know if that is because I learned
alot along the way.  I find the way it installs programs really good as
I never got it sussed before.

With further information the list can probably offer more relevant advice.

Regards

Janet

Q. Why is top posting bad?

/Proud to be using Linux April 2005/