[Lincs] Proposed GNU/Linux workshop, January 2008

Philip Newborough mail at philipnewborough.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 23:39:48 BST 2007

On 15/10/2007, Peter Murray <peterjmurray at gmail.com> wrote:
> Following the success of the meeting last Thursday, there was considerable
> enthusiasm among those present to have a further workshop.
>
> The idea is that it be held on a Saturday in January - at University of
> Lincoln again, as we can get free space etc. Precise length, content, etc to
> be determined; but it would be practically-focused, on installing/using
> GNU/Linux issues - maybe with a few talks to 'bookend' it if we can get some
> experts.
>
> Having the same three groups (ie including LLUG) again would be good.
>
> So, who wants to help in planning etc?
>
> Cheers, Peter Murray

Hi Peter,

I'd like to help out if I can. Unfortunately for me though I'm
currently in a job where I work most of my hours at weekends -- every
weekend! :| I could possibly get the time off if the date is fixed
within a reasonable time.

Still, if there's anything I can do please let me know. At the very
least I can always try to get the word out and do a bit of promotion.

Cheers

Philip Newborough