[Lincs] Unsubscribing (was Retail Centre)

Iain Baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 10:32:26 UTC 2008

I am sorry that people have decided that they dont want to be involved
with the Lincs LUG anymore... if you want to unsubscribe you will have
to do it yourselves via the mailman link at the bottom of the email...
however i would like to say that if it is this thread that is making
you leave please give the Lug a Chance... we are all people and
sometimes a couple of us may take things the wrong way, or say things
the wrong way, and feel offended to the extent they feel they have a
genuine grudge to bare.

as with any community that is going to happen from time to time... all
the arguing parties have now agreed to let it lie, and i think it is
only fair that we move on from here all learning a little something
about how to interact on a mailing list...

I do however take issue with Phillip Taylor (incidentally you
subscribed with Phillip.Taylor at bcs.org.uk.... it's in the header of
the email you sent).

 I remember quite well the conversation to which you refer, and if you
would care to revisit the logs stored at mailman i think you will find
you have misquoted...

Now ordinarily i would let this lie, however as it appears to be an
attempt to re fan the flames and a way of insulting the list members
(90% of which are very intelligent and very experienced Linux Users...
The other 10% are Intelligent Linux Novices/Newcomers) i feel i must
point out that in fact the discussion went along the lines of "would
it be easier to just re brand an existing distro, as that would be
easier to support"

I can fully understand why people are wanting to leave the list, it is
getting silly at the moment but there are some productive things that
have come out of this list, and there has been soe genuine support
offered by its members... please lets concentrate on the positives and
move on as bigger people.

Hugs and Kisses
Iain