[Lincs] Lincs LUG: relaunch?

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Thu Aug 18 02:11:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:47 AM, Dave Rice <dave at ricey.co.uk> wrote:

 Hi Becky,
> What you still doing up this time of night?
> I completely agree with everything you've said, I guess I just wanted to
> make sure that you were aware that although being quiet, I wouldn't quite
> say dead ;-)  members, including me, were still here and ready to make this
> work in the best possible way.
> As for the Administration stepping down graciously, to be honest, there
> wasn't really one in the first place. We never got that far; Iain and I
> tried to get the LUG going again a while back but we were overtaken by
> events.
> On a personal side, my toes won't get stepped on, I'm certainly not the
> right person to 'run' the LUG as I'm away with work far too much. I do,
> however, enjoy being at the forefront of the organisation but I'm better at
> contributing something that can be done both locally or remotely. ;-)
> So as far as I can see as long as Iain has no issues, he was the lead
> really, then we should push forward with gusto.
> And having good, honest discussions like this is a good sign showing that we
> can all be open with each other which engenders trust. A vital part of any
> team.
> Cheers
> Dave

Hi Dave

Power naps mid afternoon and excitement about a new project are not
conducive to getting a good night's sleep (plus I am on holiday from
work, so it doesn't matter what time I sleep!) :D

It's great that we have your support in driving this forward, and as
of yet, I have not heard back from Iain.  As you are aware, regarding
the "stepping down" of the current administration, it is purely a
technical issue as you have admitted there is no current
administration.  Ideally, I need Iain to relinquish control of the
lug.org.uk account so that I can get the ball rolling to establish a
new Lincs LUG for existing and new members.  I will await his
response.

Thanks again for your support, it is really appreciated.  I understand
that these kinds of situation are never easy to deal with but for the
good of the Lincs LUG, I am hopeful of a positive resolution for all
concerned. :-)

Regards

Becky