[linux-sec-uk] Intros...

Mark linux-sec-uk at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 18 17:30:01 2003

--=-Za9I//+OOLXSqbEKYL6t

> I don't want to over generalise and limit the scope of the list but if
> you're going to ask: more towards the "Hacking Exposed"  end of this
> scale.=20
>=20
> I'd rather see the list as a place for questions (and hopefully answers)
> and discusion. As well as the technical side I'd also like to see
> UK-centric issues relating to regulation, law, cases, media coverage etc.
> Having said all this, if you have any ideas about what you'd like to see
> on a UK-centric linux security mailing list, I'd love to hear them.

Well, personally I would be against it turning into a "Hacking Exposed -
Linux" UK edition, lets try to see if there is anything new that can be
covered instead of documenting that which is freely available(?)

The security alert part of the net is already well covered, and for most
the people subscribed to this list, they are probably already subscribed
to security mailing lists of one form or another.

As far as people asking questions, absolutely, there are a lot of
questions out there, and as long as people are confident that they won't
be flamed then we will (I imagine) get some sane &&|| sensible threads
going.

Maybe discussions could involve nice little stories such as:

"We were running windows, but a little virus came for a visit, after the
loss of business continuity we are now very much more a UNIX
environment"

as usual, all IMHO.

regards,

--=20
                          Mark
                   www.wwjh.net/~mark
 "If you know yourself, knowing the enemy does not matter."

--=-Za9I//+OOLXSqbEKYL6t

--=-Za9I//+OOLXSqbEKYL6t--