[linux-sec-uk] Linux Backup Solutions: Amanda, Bacula etc.

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Mon Oct 6 15:30:42 BST 2003

On Mon 06 Oct James Davis wrote:
> What are people using to backup their Linux systems? I'm currently using
> Bacula to backup a small but important MySQL database.

We're using Amanda at two sites, one backing up about a dozen machines
to a 30 tape DLT archive library, and one to back up another dozen
machines to an 8 tape changer (I can change the tapes on this one
though, since it's nearby).

One server is Solaris 2.7/sparc, one is Debian stable/unstable mixed.
The clients are Debian Linux, Solaris and OpenBSD.

Works very nicely, very pleased with it.

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"If you are the type of person who likes assault weapons, there