[linux-sec-uk] Linux Backup Solutions: Amanda, Bacula etc.

Daniel deadbeat at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Oct 6 18:35:47 BST 2003

> For a somewhat different approach, rdiff-backup maintains an efficient
> rsync-style copy of a directory tree, but also keeps incremental
> changes (so I can restore a directory as it was last night, or as it
> was three days ago, which is extremely handy for configuration files,
> for instance).
>
> --
> Adam Sampson <azz at us-lot.org>                        <http://offog.org/>

I think what Adams saying does make alot of sense. We do a small amount of
rdiff's with some of our update servers, and haven't had any problems with
that. we mainly use i to update the a.v on out mail servers, mainly
becuase we can just copy all the new updates across, set 4times a day via
cron.
Dunno why i just added that, just thought i'd say something or other :)