[linux-sec-uk] Linux Backup Solutions: Amanda, Bacula etc.

Adam Sampson azz at us-lot.org
Mon Oct 6 18:02:20 BST 2003

James Davis <jamesd at jml.net> writes:

> What are people using to backup their Linux systems? I'm currently
> using Bacula to backup a small but important MySQL database.

For a somewhat different approach, rdiff-backup maintains an efficient
rsync-style copy of a directory tree, but also keeps incremental
changes (so I can restore a directory as it was last night, or as it
was three days ago, which is extremely handy for configuration files,
for instance).

--
Adam Sampson <azz at us-lot.org>                        <http://offog.org/>