[linuxjobs] Linux System Admin / UKS / Midlands

Daniel W Lowe dan.lowe at uksolutions.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 11:10:35 UTC 2005

Hi

We have a new system admin job open at UKS for someone with good Linux
skills.  If you think your interested, review the details at
http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/?area=uks&id=4 and drop me a line.  This is a
live position to join an existing team.

Thanks!

Dan

--------

SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

UKS (www.uksolutions.co.uk and www.ukshells.co.uk) operates a shared and
dedicated server environment. This new position is for a System
Administrator to work as part of our technical team. You will take on the
responsibility for the day to day management of a large number of servers,
including our current migration programme from Slackware to Debian Linux.

The role will also require a successful applicant to handle a small volume
of technical support calls from end users of shared Linux web hosting
services, and customers with dedicated hardware. Details of a fault may need
to be gained from the customer via telephone or from email trouble tickets,
and a solution communicated back.

The position is based at our Studley facility (B80 7BG) and suits a person
with good (but not necessarily formal) IT skills, good telephone manner with
an interest to learn. They will also need to be within a reasonable
travelling distance and require their own transport for occasions when
public transport may not be available (e.g. due to time of day).

The successful applicant will have a 25 day annual leave allowance (plus
statutory days) with several days selected for you by the company over
office closed periods (e.g. Christmas-New Year).

Basic requirements:
  [] Good Linux skills, Slackware and Debian preferred
  [] Some Windows experience
  [] Willing to take responsibility of Linux servers managed
  [] Conscientious and motivated, able to lone work when required
  [] Ability to travel to and from the office

Remuneration:
  [] Will range from £19-22k per annum, depending on experience and ability.

Applicants should send a an email detailing recent experience, availability,
current salary and a CV to employment at uksolutions.co.uk.