[linuxjobs] [david.freedman at uk.clara.net: Senior Network Engineer - Claranet UK Limited]

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Mon May 8 15:36:23 UTC 2006

This clearly isn't a Linux role.  Should we only forward (with
permission) job ads that directly mention Linux, or are networking
roles such as this on-topic too?

----- Forwarded message from David Freedman <david.freedman at uk.clara.net> -----

Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 16:17:22 +0100
From: David Freedman <david.freedman at uk.clara.net>
Subject: Senior Network Engineer - Claranet UK Limited

Claranet is Europe's largest independent IP service provider.
Established in the UK in 1996 by Charles Nasser, we have operations in
the UK, France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Portugal, and the USA,
delivering services to over one million home users and around 180 000
business customers.

We are recruiting for the position of Senior Network Engineer (UK),
reporting to the Network Engineering Manager.

The post is based at our London offices, in Holborn, WC1.

The post holder will be responsible for planning, deployment and
configuration of equipment comprising the UK national network.

The post holder will also be required to deal with escalated trouble
ticket requests from the the Claranet international support organisation.

The post holder will be required to be on-call for escalations on a
tri-weekly rota.

The following are essential requirements for the post:

- A degree in a computing related field *OR* five years relevant
industry experience.

- Experience in planning, configuring , troubleshooting and maintaining
the following technologies:

- IPv4 / IPv6 Unicast Routing
- IPv4 Multicast routing
- BGPv4
- IS-IS
- MPLS + LDP
- Ethernet Switching

- Experience of configuring and maintaining Cisco IOS based routers and
switches.

- Ability to work in a team.

The following are desirable:
---------------------------

- Experience in planning, configuring , troubleshooting and maintaining
the following technologies:

- L2TPv2 + PPP
- MPLS + RSVP+TE
- WDM Technologies

- Experience of configuring and maintaining devices made by the
following manufacturers:

- Extreme
- Foundry
- Redback
- Riverhead

- Basic user experience of the Unix operating system

- Project management experience.

To make an application for this post, please send an electronic copy of
your CV to <recruit at clara.net> quoting reference
"Senior Network Engineer (UK)"

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me,
<david.freedman at uk.clara.net>

Kind Regards,

---
David Freedman