[linuxjobs] Linux System Support/Administrator [Oxford]

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 5 13:29:43 UTC 2007

----- Forwarded message from Gavin Westwood -----

Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:21:37 +0000
From: Gavin Westwood
To: Mklug <mk at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: [MK] Linux System Support/Administrator

   Hi All.
   If anyone is interested, Graham emailed me looking for someone to fill
   a Linux position urgently:

   Graham Bruce wrote:

   I'm currently struggling to recruit for a Linux Systems Manager for a
   company in Oxford, and wondered if you were able to help in any way by
   letting your users know about the opportunity.  It's a fantastic role
   and well paid, but we've struggled so far to find the right person!
   We did manage to do so, but unfortunately the candidate has accepted a
   counter offer from their existing company!  Do please let me know if
   this is something you'd be prepared to help me with, and if so, I'll
   email you some details of the role that you could pass on to any
   interested parties.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer to
   me on this.
   I replied to him for more info, and here is the job spec.  If anyone
   is interested, please contact Graham direct - his email address is
   [1]graham at haybrook.co.uk

   Linux Systems Manager - Oxford, Oxfordshire

   Salary circa £40k + 10% pension + excellent benefits

   A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this well respected company
   for an experienced Linux Systems Engineer.  Responsible for the Linux
   servers hosted in Oxford, and with remote responsibility for those
   hosted in the States, you will be the sole point of contact for the
   Linux systems and applications support.  Your responsibilities will
   include the installation, configuration and tuning of servers and
   applications, together with the filestore backups and data security on
   those systems.  As part of a globally distributed Service Delivery
   Team, you will have input into the strategy for the development and
   enhancement of services, and will be responsible for project and task
   allocation to other team members.  Applicants will ideally be educated
   to degree level, with significant experience of Linux systems
   administration, particularly with Debian and/or Redhat.  You should
   also have good Perl and shell scripting skills, with experience of
   relational databases a benefit.  Whilst the top end of the salary
   scale is reserved for candidates with managerial experience/skills,
   this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Linux
   Administrator to further their career.  If you are a service-oriented
   team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to
   coach others through problem solving, send me your CV now to receive
   further details.

   Regards

   Graham Bruce

   Consultant

   Haybrook IT Resourcing

   Tel : +44 (0) 1865 343 112

   Fax: +44 (0) 1865 341 279

   [2]www.haybrook.co.uk

   Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an
   Employment Business.

   Electronic Message Disclaimer:

   The contents of this electronic message (including attachments) are
   strictly private and confidential and are intended for use by the
   addressee only.  If you have received this e-mail in error please
   delete it together with any attachments or return it to
   [3]admin at haybrook.co.uk.

   Virus Protection:

   Please note that this e-mail and any attachments have been scanned for
   viruses and appear clean.  Please ensure that you also scan all
   messages, as Haybrook IT Resourcing do not accept any liability for
   damage to your system or loss of data.