[linuxjobs] network administrator [Aberdeen]

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 5 16:43:03 UTC 2007

----- Forwarded message from Magnus Hagdorn -----

Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:26:16 +0000
From: Magnus Hagdorn
To: Aberdeen Linux Users Group <aberdeen at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: [AberLUG] [JOBS] network administrator

Hi all,
we are currently looking for a sys admin. I have copied the job advert
at the end of this email.
Cheers
magnus

Network Administrator

The role will involve the design, implementation and support of the IT
structure for a small but expanding hi-tech company. The position is
expected to increase in scope as the company expands, developing into an
IT management role.

The successful applicant will have:

      * A solid background in Linux/UNIX System and network
        administration;
      * The ability to efficiently and independently manage their time
        and resources;
      * The ability to provide first-line support and a help-desk to
        internal users.

Once established the position will involve:

      * The installation of Windows and Linux desktop workstations on a
        network;
      * Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors on support issues
        and project matters;
      * The familiarisation and training of users;
      * Maintaining system logs and other documentation;
      * Other duties as required.

As the position develops the successful applicant will be expected to
become involved in:

      * Parallel / cluster data processing;
      * Wed based application hosting (Apache, J2EE, SQL etc);
      * Assisting with software development and distribution,
        toolchains, version controls and environments;
      * Telephone/voice-over IP system administration and maintenance.

A Salary, based on experience, in the range of £18,000 to 25,000 is
offered.

To apply please summit your CV to:

Ref: Network Administrator

OHM Limited