[linuxjobs] Parasite seeks host for filesystems support role

Colin Williams Colin at connectionsrecruit.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 09:33:58 UTC 2007

<http://www.connectionsrecruit.co.uk>

Please don't hurt me! - I'm just a recruiter trying to do my job...

I have a client who are arguably the supercomputing supremos and are involved in a long-term terascale computing project based in Edinburgh.

On their behalf, I'm trying to find a Filesystems level Linux Support Engineer: if you're wearing sandals, a black t-shirt and sporting an eccentric line in facial hair, that's fine, but we will also interview smartly-dressed people, provided they're truly accomplished at filesystems level. Kernel-hacking skills certainly not essential, but welcome.  Depending on who we find, this could pay from £30-50k.

When we first started up Connections in 1988 - we were Unix Connections then - we saw guys like this all the time but now we mainly see people who "play" at the desktop level, so I've exhausted all the usual job boards, and I found you folks through Google, and ran it past Popey first, so apologies for crashing the party.

Thanks for noticing.  If you'd like to know more about the role, please contact me as below, but please don't flame me - although I'll take a little 'singe' here and there for the sake of the public good...

Regards,

Colin Williams
Consultant

Dir: 0118 989 7607
Mob: 07786 176618
Fax: 0118 989 3322
Email: colin at connectionsrecruit.co.uk <BLOCKED::mailto:colin at connectionsrecruit.co.uk>
Web: www.connectionsrecruit.co.uk <BLOCKED::http://www.connectionsrecruit.co.uk>
Connections Recruitment Ltd.

Connections Recruitment Ltd. do not accept responsibility for the contents of this message.
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Our Terms of Business are binding and can only be varied by written agreement.