[linuxjobs] RHCE query.

John Cooper info at discoverlinux.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 18:03:13 UTC 2007

Andy Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 11:05:37PM +0100, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of taking the RCHE exam later in the year and I was just
>> wondering, how seriously do employers take this qualification?
>>

> I think mine has certainly helped get my foot in the door at a few
> places but that's about as much as you can really expect, I think.
>
> I don't think I would have done it had it not been paid for by my
> employer though.

I think it was worth the £2000 as it has made a difference when going
for Linux roles and consultancy. Most companies know Red Hat and many
specifically ask for RHCE. I did it also to improve my understanding of
RHEL4 and I am thinking about doing the new upgrade course for RHCEs for
RHEL5. There is no guarantee it will get you work but if you are serious
about Linux, I'd go for it.

John.