[linuxjobs] [Fwd] Programmer Position (Bournemouth Based)

Nathan Baum nathan.baum at talktalk.net
Wed Jun 4 00:13:30 UTC 2008

This is a repost of a job advert we posted to linuxjobs. A couple of
people expressed interest in having it posted here as well, so here it
is. Enjoy.

------

Hi

My name is Phil Wrightson. I am the Technical Manager for an up and
coming ISP based in Bournemouth. We have one of the largest independent
UK networks mainly based in and around London serving hundreds of
customers. We currently have a position available in our Bournemouth
office to join our team in this exciting and challenging environment.

The ideal candidate will have the following qualities

    * Knowledge of installing and administering Linux systems is essential.
    * Knowledge of one or more other UNIX-like and UNIX-derived
      operating systems (e.g. *BSD, AIX, Solaris) would be advantageous,
      but not essential.
    * Knowledge of Apache and MySQL is essential.
    * Basic networking knowledge: OSI layers, TCP/IP, general design of
      the widely used Internet protocols (e.g. HTTP, SMTP, SNMP) is an
      advantage.
    * Experience with Ruby, or experience with three or more distinct
      programming languages.
    * Experience with PHP is essential.
    * Knowledge of other programming languages advantageous.
    * Knowledge of shell utilities like sed and grep.
    * Good understanding of logic and math.

Excellent salary based on experience.

Please send your CV's and covering letters direct to my email
(phil.wrightson at c4l.co.uk) if you are interested in this position or
would like some more information.

Regards

Phil Wrightson BSc(Hons)