[linuxjobs] Aberdeen Linux Software Dev

Oliver Malham oliver.malham at ohmrsi.com
Mon Aug 24 11:12:12 UTC 2009

OHM is the world’s leading provider of Controlled Source Electromagnetic Imaging (CSEMI) services, including surveying, data processing, and data interpretation to the offshore oil industry. We require a talented Software Engineer, with a Linux background and strong science or maths abilities to join our cutting-edge organisation.

The successful candidate will be tasked with the creation of production quality code from the algorithms and prototypes developed by our team of world-class researchers, maintenance and re-engineering of legacy code, development of support software, and in-house technical support of our custom software.

Thorough knowledge of the Linux operating system is required, as is demonstrable experience in C/C++. The ideal candidate will have a strong science background, together with knowledge of Fortran, Python and Bash script, and have experience working with compute-clusters. A strong geophysics background would be truly advantageous.

C.V. Submission by email only please, to careers at ohmsurveys.com.

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Email: careers at ohmsurveys.com
Web Link: http://www.ohmsurveys.com