[linuxjobs] JOB: (MySQL) database focused *nix systems admin, preferably with CentOS or RH experience (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

jt at camalyn.org jt at camalyn.org
Wed Mar 4 11:02:10 UTC 2009

JOB:

hi ~ I am an open source recruiter currently working with an
"international" client in Reading (Berkshire, UK) that are hiring a
permanent database (MySQL) focused *nix systems admin (preferably with
CentOS or RH experience).  The role will involve improving existing
systems - and it is possible that you will grow into  the clients
database architect.

The client run a mixture of MySQL 4.1 and 5.0. They don't run
enterprise as they always aim to employ talented staff so they can
support everything as far as possible in house. This goes for the OS as
well, which is why they use CentOS and not RHEL.

In terms of the number of high transactional servers, we are looking at
high 30s.  They do use MySQL replication but not clustering at this
time.

Please contact me off list (using james at camalyn.org) for further
details.

All the best,