[linuxjobs] MySQL Support w/ RoR - Surey

Daniel Spain daniel.spain at jenrick.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 12:58:06 UTC 2010

Hi All,

We have a role for a MySQL Support Engineer near Woking in Surrey.

The company provide a financial service developed in Ruby's Active Record.
We need someone to be involved with and support the drive to move the
processing of data to the MySQL database, away from it's current location of
an overnight (Ruby On Rails) rake task, to enable the database to perform
data related services.

Your role will be to implement the changes in the database and to monitor
the emails we receive from the site each day administering errors/warnings
etc from the site. Also to provide:
Customer support – assisting implementation, technical queries etc
Company support - changes that affect data and generally administer the
database in conjunction with RoR requirements

Notes – We’re not seeking an SQL expert as there will not be enough SQL
requirements to satisfy an expert and they may not want to dilute their
skills with the help desk work and learning the niche business model.  We do
want someone that has an interest in learning Ruby on Rails.

Salary would be around the £25,000 mark.

Kind Regards,

Dan.

Daniel Spain
Technical Consultant
Jenrick IT

The Clock Tower, Bridge Street, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey. KT12 1AY.
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 245500 | Fax: 01932 245900
Email :  <mailto:daniel at jenrick.co.uk> daniel at jenrick.co.uk | Website :
<http://www.jenrickit.co.uk> www.jenrickit.co.uk
Linkedin :   <http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielspainitrecruitment>
www.linkedin.com/in/danielspainitrecruitment

ISO 9001:2008 Quality accredited since 1993
Celebrating 25 years of IT recruitment excellence
Jenrick IT are members of APSCo and PCG
6th in the Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to work for & Three Star
Best Company 2009
Please consider your environmental responsibility:
Before printing this e-mail or any other document, ask yourself whether you
need a hard copy.
Email disclaimer -  <http://www.jenrickgroup.co.uk/email-disclaimer>
http://www.jenrickgroup.co.uk/email-disclaimer