[linuxjobs] PHP Software Developer - London

Tom O'Connor tom at twinhelix.org
Wed Aug 25 15:03:46 UTC 2010

Football Radar seeks a PHP Software Developer

Football Radar has just recently relocated from Copenhagen to London
and is now looking for a Software Developer for a full-time position
beginning in September.

Football Radar is a fast-growing company providing statistical
modeling and analyses of football games. We are a young team that
works in a fun and informal environment. At the same time we are
ambitious and take our work with football very seriously. We are
located in a stunning office in Notting Hill very close to Notting
Hill Gate station.

Job description:
As a Software Developer you will develop modules for our software
platform, optimize our MVC framework, and support the existing
software. You will be part of a small IT team where most of your tasks
will concern a combination of front end and back end developing. We
are looking for a creative, innovative and open minded developer with
lots of drive, who is not afraid of working independently.

The job is a full time position where you will be at our office most
of the times but sometimes you will also have support shifts during
important football matches where you are paid to be stand-by from home
during odd hours (in weekends you will receive extra payment). The
estimated working time will be 40 hours a week but the structure is
flexible so some weeks you will work more and some weeks less. The
salary will be £30,000-40,000/annum depending on qualifications.

Required qualifications:

• You MUST be fluent in PHP and have good experience (at least 3
years) in writing it on your own.

• A solid understanding of relational databases and experience with
writing complex SQL queries

• Good understanding of working in MVC frameworks

• Good familiarity with Javascript (Jquery)/HTML (5)/CSS

• Expert knowledge in IT-architecture, software design, and
object-oriented programming

• Up-to-date on the newest web-trends

• Comfortable working independently and innovative

• UK work permit is required for all applicants

Further:
• Familiarity with ORMs (Doctrine) and template engines (SMARTY) is a
significant plus

• Statistical competencies will be an advantage

• A good sense of humour is very much appreciated

Application:
 If you are interested in the job and fulfill the qualifications above
then fill out the form below and send it (perhaps along with CV and
cover letter) to Helene Mark helene.mark at footballradar.com.
Applications will be reviewed continuously, but the deadline is
September 10th 2010.

--
Tom O'Connor

http://tomoconnor.eu