[linuxjobs] Senior Linux Systems Administrator - Apache, MySQL - Isle of Wight

Tim Williams tim at my-place.org.uk
Sun Dec 18 17:05:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, Simon Hobson wrote:

> But, yet again, no indication of the pay on offer. TBH, how can anyone decide
> if it's worth considering when that vital bit of information is missing ?

This seems to be becomming common practice. I've also noticed that when
you talk to people about the job they will ask you first what pay level
you are looking for, rather than telling you what they are prepared to
pay. If the you only ask for 30K and they were going to offer 40K then
the employer just got themselves a bargain. My advice is to aim high and
let them talk you down.

Tim W

--
Come to my place at http://www.my-place.org.uk

Use the link below to support my girlfriend Katt by making a donation to
Team in Training!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/wdw12/kmuskuna

Use the link below to learn more about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

http://www.lls.org/ [www.lls.org]