[linuxjobs] Linux Sysadmin required in Theale, Berkshire

Sapan Ganguly sapan.ganguly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 12:17:40 UTC 2011

Hello all,

My management have failed to find me a new Linux systems person to work
with.  Would anyone like to come and work with me?

We deal with Redhat and CentOS mostly with a variety of other software
running on top of it including an Oracle database, Oracle Coherence, JBoss,
Apache and Tomcat.  Our development team work with Java and Perl mainly but
they may branch out into other things, we'll be working quite closely with
them.

We also have an instance of our infrastructure running in a partner's data
centre which is in a 'list X' facility so you'll have to be able to get
security clearance.

Ideally I'd like someone with some Puppet experience as that is what I'm
trying to move us towards but if we decide to go 100% Redhat we may end up
using Redhat Satellite server (I'm told the new version will be based on
something like Puppet and Foreman anyway).

There will be some Windows server support work as well and there is an
on-call rota which is currently 1 week in 5 but as the team grows the
frequency will decrease.

We're based in Theale but occasional travel to Basingstoke make be
required, I'll do my best to keep that to a minimum.

Feel free to send your CV to me and I'll get you an interview.

Thanks,
Sapan