[linuxjobs] Linux Sysadmin required in Theale, Berkshire

Stuart Winter mozes at biscuit.org.uk
Mon Dec 19 22:25:37 UTC 2011

> But, frankly, if a job doesn't offer any indication of salary, you're
> entitled to draw your own conclusions as to why and ignore it.  Others
> might view it as an opportunity to gain experience - perhaps they'll
> fail to find someone as qualified as they want and accept someone
> less-experienced instead.

Not having a salary doesn't mean the pay is actually bad.

For example, Cisco don't advertise pay but it doesn't mean we don't pay
well.  It's just one of those policies that they have.

You can ask directly what it is.  Take your own salary, add the increase
you'd like and see whether they bite.
We've hired people before on *way* over what they asked for because we
thought they were worth it and were previously under paid.

--
The Biscuit Appreciation Society   : www.biscuit.org.uk
Slackware ARM                      : www.armedslack.org