[linuxjobs] Linux Sysadmin required in Theale, Berkshire

Alasdair G Kergon agk at lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 19 21:15:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 08:44:39PM +0000, Darren Austin wrote:
>   Is it possible to set the list up so that jobs cannot be advertised unless
> they explicitly provide a salary?

If we headed off down that road, we'd end up with a validated web form
to complete in order to post.

We could extend the advice at
  https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/linuxjobs
to encourage disclosure of salary information.

But, frankly, if a job doesn't offer any indication of salary, you're
entitled to draw your own conclusions as to why and ignore it.  Others
might view it as an opportunity to gain experience - perhaps they'll
fail to find someone as qualified as they want and accept someone
less-experienced instead.

Alasdair