[linuxjobs] Linux Sysadmin required in Theale, Berkshire

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Dec 21 00:11:33 UTC 2011

On 20/12/11 09:43, Keith Edmunds wrote:

> I don't want to see comments on this list; I don't even want another list
> for comments. If a reader likes the sound of the job, they can apply for
> it. If they don't, they don't. There's nothing to discuss.

I don't like the flames, and rather think they make the list feel
hostile and put off potential employers.  However, saying that there is
no room at all for discussion seems rather short sighted - if people
feel that advertisers are often doing things that they consider not good
practice then it certainly seems wise to have a discussion about this
and potentially include new "best practice" points in the mailing list
information.

If an advertiser chooses not to follow the best practice then that's
their look out and they might lose out on some good applicants because
of that, but they shouldn't be flamed for it (however if an advertiser
is consistently not meeting the best practice guidelines it might be
wise for someone to *politely* point this out to them in case they
hadn't realised).

--

  - Steve