[linuxjobs] Support and Development Junior Engineer - Embedded Linux - Bristol

Simon Waters simon at technocool.net
Mon Jul 4 18:06:23 UTC 2011

Received these details via one of my former bosses who is now working in
the renewable energy business.

They have little, low power, embedded Linux boxes which update websites
with various measurements. They are expanding on what these boxes can
do, and who is using them, so should be an interesting role.

Enquiries to the address at the end, I've been up to Bristol a year or
so back to see what they are up to, but I can't answer any questions on
what is happening now.

 Simon

Salary: £18-20k
Location: Bristol
Job Type: Permanent

Varied role in Technical Support of lively small company producing
unique monitoring system for renewable energy installations. Knowledge
of networking, Linux distributions, scripting, possibly C, C++
advantageous, also web development in PHP and Javascript. Some travel
required; clean driving licence and ability to deal with customers at
all levels for 2nd/3rd line and on-site support.

The job consists mainly of supporting existing sites; producing fixes to
problems and contributing to development of new features and
enhancements, both web-based and embedded. As a vital member of a small
but growing company, you will turn your hand to whatever is required. To
apply send cv to careers at wattsure.com