[linuxjobs] Linux System Admin

Mark Kennard Mark.Kennard at justdevelop.it
Wed Mar 23 10:19:34 UTC 2011

Just Develop It: Linux System Admin - Fareham

If you are highly motivated, capable and an experienced Linux system administrator, please read on!
As a well established Hampshire company with over 60 staff we are looking for System Administrator who will join our leading development team, working on a set of high profile such as date-connected.com<http://date-connected.com/>, mypcbackup.com<http://mypcbackup.com/> and intellichat.com<http://intellichat.com/>.  Just Develop It is a company that has seen strong growth during the time of recession with a young entrepreneurial outlook.   We are always looking to go that extra mile to make our businesses stand out from the crowd and improve on our competition.
Within this position, you’ll be working closely with other exceptional highly motivated team members, and will work under the direction of the directors in a variety of tasks, focusing mainly on security, speed & reliability.  We are currently running around 4 clusters of servers totalling around 70 Centos boxes, which is increasing alongside traffic.
To be successful for this role you must have:

•         Minimum of 3 years in Linux administration

•         Minimum of 3 years in server scripting & security

•         Minimum of 2 years commercial experience with large server setups

•         Strong understanding of MySQL & Networking

Essential Skills & Requirements

•         Apache/Nginx/Varnish Server Admin

•          MySQL/Membase/Memcache Management & Optimisation

•         Strong scripting skills in PHP & Shell

•         Full understanding of Centos/Windows

•         Protocols: HTTP, SSL/TLS, TCP, IDP, IP inc.V6, DNS, NFS, Samba, SOAP & REST, P2P

•         Full understanding of web standards & system optimisation

•         Experience working in large load balanced environments > 100Mbit/s

We are offering £25k - £35k starting salary for this position depending on experience which may be revised after an initial 3 month probationary period.  You should be prepared to work outside of contracted hours depending on project deadlines and your manager’s discretion.  There is also a 24/7 on call element within this role.
For more information, please contact us via m<mailto:jobs at justdevelop.it>ark.kennard at justdevelop.it<mailto:ark.kennard at justdevelop.it>