[linuxjobs] Software Engineers -> London

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Wed Mar 23 16:56:56 UTC 2011

----- Forwarded message from Gregory Mead <greg at musicmetric.com> -----

 Hi All,

We're hiring for the following positions, and more at
www.musicmetric.com/jobs

Hopefully all details are included,

Software Engineers, Server-side

We are looking for outstanding candidates who will form a core part of the
technical team and help us build the Musicmetric system. The right
candidates will show ambition, initiative and have an exceptional Software
Engineering background. We are currently looking for candidates with
experience levels ranging from new graduate to senior level. *Our offices
are in London (Shoreditch).*

Musicmetric makes use of both its own compute infrastructure and cloud-based
resources, all running on Linux. We mostly develop in Python with some Java.

The role will focus on the development of server-side software for the
collection, management and analysis of vast quantities of data, and will
also include an element of research. Relevant areas of computing include
large scale information retrieval and management, machine learning, natural
language processing, distributed computing and data analysis.

*Required experience and skills:*

   - MEng, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science/Software Engineering (2.1 or
   higher)
   - Extensive programming experience in at least one of the following
   languages: C++, Java, Python (strong object-oriented experience essential)
   - Experience working on large commercial software engineering projects,
   including design and development (exceptional new graduates will also be
   considered)
   - Comfortable working in Unix/Linux
   - Good knowledge and keen interest in new and emerging technologies

 *Additional experience and skills that would be advantageous:*

   - Hadoop and related projects
   - Experience of non-relational (e.g. No-SQL/graph) based data storage and
   querying methods
   - Graph/Network analysis
   - NLP
   - Machine learning
   - AN/FSQ-7

 *Salary: £30K - £45 (or more depending on experience) + share options*

Applicants should include a CV and covering letter detailing their previous
experience in these areas, and also a paragraph explaining their current
choice of development environment.
*Please contact: jobs+se at musicmetric.com*
No agencies, please.

*