[linuxjobs] Linux Server Support Engineer/Systems Administrator, Aldgate, London

Jon Fautley jon.fautley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:21:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

(This is similar to the role I posted a few weeks ago, so apologies
for the almost duplicate looking posting, but there's been a few
changes)

My company, Tradition Financial Services (http://www.tradition.com/)
are looking for a Linux System Administrator to join our small
but growing team.

Reporting jointly to the Linux Engineering Team Leader (me) and the
Global Head of Infrastructure, the successful candidate will be
primarily responsible for supporting Tradition's new Electronic Swaps
Trading Platform, Trad-X.

This will include both ongoing application/system support, working
with developers to roll out new code releases, and having a hand in
designing the system architecture and processes for the future. It's a
high profile role within the organisation, so you'll need to be a good
communicator and comfortable working with everyone from developers to
CxO-level staff.

Requirements:

  * 3 Years experience working in an enterprise environment
  * Good knowledge of Red Hat's family of products and services
  * Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
  * RHCE or similar experience

Desired:

  * Knowledge of Red Hat Network Satellite, RPM building, Kickstart, etc.
  * Knowledge of Puppet for system configuration management
  * Understanding of IP networking and related technologies
  * Experience of working in the finance sector a bonus, but not required

The above is flexible for the right candidate (it's the HR blurb for
the role). If you've got a passion for Linux, a technical head on your
shoulders and are willing to learn, I'd like to talk to you.

Salary: Circa £46,000, plus the usual benefits

Applicants should send their CV and a brief covering letter to me
(jon.fautley at tradition.com). Similarly, any questions about the role
can go to that address too.

Please, no agencies. We have an existing list of suppliers and I've
been told by HR we're not taking on anyone else... sorry!

Cheers,

Jon