[linuxjobs] Junior Sysadmin Position at Wordtracker in Kentish Town, London, UK

steven shingler shingler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:59:19 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I'm Steven Shingler, the CTO at Wordtracker.

We have a Junior Sysadmin Position available.

The successful applicant will have the fantastic opportunity to work on our
extensive infrastructure, supporting five Rails3 apps spread over 14
machines. We're using some pretty interesting technologies such as Puppet,
Redis, Resque and Sphinx.

The ideal candidate will have:

• A good working knowledge of CentOS/RHEL Linux
• Worked in a web services company
• A good understanding of sysadmin basics (filesystem, networks, firewalls)
• Working knowledge of performance metrics and tuning
• An understanding on machine life cycle management
• Basic admin experience with MySQL
• Some programming experience
Nice to have:

• Knowledge of Puppet
• Knowledge of Zabbix
• Working experience of the agile development process
• Worked in an small to medium infrastructure setup (30+ machines)
• Having worked in a Ruby-centric environment

The full spec is detailed on our blog:
http://www.wordtracker.com/blog/junior-sysadmin-position

Salary range is £20-£32k, depending on experience.

Please give me a shout if you have any questions,
Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Shingler