[linuxjobs] Web systems analyst, Sutton, Surrey

Nicholas Booth nicholas at booth.org.uk
Fri May 13 15:44:05 UTC 2011

A new position has arisen in the company I work for in Sutton, Surrey
(SM2 5AS). Sadly, it's probably only 50% Linux as you'll see if you
read on. Details are available on-line at

http://www.rbi.jobs/job/635-permanent-web_systems_analyst_linux_windows_iis_rbi_media_ftse100-sutton_surrey/

Highlights from that page:

We are seeking a Web Systems Analyst with a balance of Linux and
Windows experience to undertake support and maintenance of RBI web
systems, and where appropriate to participate in the design phase of
new web systems solutions or the enhancement of existing systems.
Key responsibilities will include the maintenance, release and support
of the web operations estate, installing new or upgrading the web
operations environment, and providing input to the design or
architecture of new solutions.

Required Skills / Experience

- Proven experience of Linux (pref. Red Hat Certified) and Microsoft IIS 6/7
- Windows 2003 / 2008
- SMTP
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with RHEL/Fedora or other major distro
- Scripting with Bash, PHP, Perl
- Familiarity with operation and configuration in Unix like operating
systems of Cron, DNS, SMTP, NFS, Samba, NTP, SNMP
- Ability to at least manipulate existing configuration files using
text based tools
- Basic Database Administration and familiarity with command line
tools to manage MySQL databases
- Basic administration and configuration of Apache, including Virtual Hosting
- Familiarity with set-up and operation of Jboss, Squid, Movable Type etc

Applications should be directed via the tools at the page address
noted above.  I'm happy to answer basic questions about the
environment/company - but please note that I am not the person
managing this recruitment and have no additional information to that
shown above.

--
Nicholas Booth
SWB D90 Silver HardTop