[linuxjobs] IBM DB2 Database / IBM TSM Administrator (2-3 weeks - based in Chiswick, West London)

Blaseby, Katie Katie.Blaseby at imgworld.com
Mon May 16 08:40:06 UTC 2011

Position:            IBM DB2 Database / IBM TSM Administrator (2-3 weeks - based in Chiswick, West London)

Applications to:     production.recruitment at imgworld.com

Overview

We are currently looking for a IBM DB2 Database and IBM TSM Administrator to help implement a brand new data tape library installation.  Working with a project team, you will need to be fully conversant with both dB2 products [for Linux] - version 9.5 Workgroup Server Edition and Enterprise Server Editions.  You should be able to demonstrate some IBM dB2 training and have a thorough knowledge of SQL.

The role also requires administrative knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) -  versions 5.5.0 and above.

Role

To help the migration of a TSM tape archive and dB2 database system from some legacy hardware onto a new platform.  We need to snapshot our existing database and tape library, and then migrate them onto new hardware.

For the TSM Migration, the challenge is that not only will this involve a software migration, but will also be working with a brand new large state-of-the-art tape library and LTO5 drives.  We will also need a hot/cold standby server installation for this environment.

For the dB2 migration, this involves migrating a database from a large broadcast media asset management system, and configuring the new hardware to working in a master / cold standby configuration.  An appreciation of large scale / scalable environments is a must.

You will need to demonstrate best practice for both situations, and must have a good administrative knowledge of Linux.

Advantage would be gained by knowledge of: Broadcasting and file based media work flows.

To apply, please email your CV and covering letter (stating your rate expectations) to production.recruitment at imgworld.com

The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments)
contains information that may be confidential, may be protected
by the attorney-client or other applicable privileges, or may
constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed
only to the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not
an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and then delete all copies of it
from your computer system. Any use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful.