[linuxjobs] Perl Development Opportunities - Central London (ideally Permanent or Contract considered)

Oliver Howe ojhowe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:28:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have received this from a recruitment consultant who has previously
found me a job.
I am posting it here as he has offered me a referral fee if I
recommend someone and
they end up taking the position (I'm moving house and I could do with
a new tv) .

Note that the salary is not specified, neither is the company. But I
thought that someone who is
actively looking for a new job might appreciate the notice.

If you are interested then reply to me and I'll forward your details
to him. I wont forward them to anyone else.

Regards,

Oliver

"
Good afternoon Oliver,

Sorry for the unsolicited email but I wanted to get in touch with you
about a Perl Development role that we have that might be of interest
for you, based on the CV we have of yours on our database.

We are recruiting for a Perl Developer for our client based in Central
London, for a well known Open Source software company who are looking
to expand their web developer team.

Core duties for this role are:

    Main duties and responsibilities:

    to work to the technical direction set by the Development Manager
    to work within the team's development processes as directed by the
Development Manager and senior management,
    to take responsibility for the development of all areas of the system
    Participate and lead in development of specific new projects
    to ensure technical feasibility of your developments
    to provide efficient, effective, maintainable code
    to contribute to the creative process of developing the
application architecture of the system
    to effectively document your code to a high standard
    to work with other members of the development team to share
knowledge and expertise
    to contribute positively to the cohesion and strength of the
development team as a whole

2. Key technologies used:

    Strong Linux or Unix
    Excellent Perl development skills
    One other structured programming language (e.g.  Java, C++, PHP,
C#, JavaScript)
    Solid experience of HTTP/Web servers
    Good technical problem solving skills
    Good communication skills
    Good team player
    Excellent understanding of team dynamics
    Good understanding of OO techniques

This company produce IT industry award winning Open Source software
and have a tremendous reputation of building cutting edge web systems
and services, so this is an opportunity to join a fast growing web
development team where you can build upon your core development skills
and establish an excellent long term career should you wish.
"