[linuxjobs] Multiple hosting & cloud computing support roles in West London

Warren Bell Warren.Bell at rackspace.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 15:56:34 UTC 2011

Aloha....

My name is Warren and I work for Rackspace Hosting (International, which covers EMEA / Asia-Pacific). We are looking for Linux users at all skill levels, from home enthusiasts to hardened gurus, to fill multiple support roles across our Hosting and Cloud Computing divisions.

Our UK offices are in Hayes, 2 minutes from the main station, which is a 20 minute commute from Paddington. It's a fun workplace with an incredible vibe (although I'm easily pleased - just hand me a Nerf gun and some screamer darts and I'm pretty much happy, but I digress.) At the risk of sounding a tad clichéd, it's definitely a work hard play hard kinda place.

Aaanyway, here is the "blurb" from our Talent Acquisition (a.k.a. Recruitment) folks:

----------<blurb>----------
Being the world leader in hosting requires a world leading team, and that’s exactly what our Rackers are. We're extremely people focused - when you join Rackspace you'll understand why it’s not "just a job", it’s a way of life. We're hugely proud of our ethos, which has helped us to achieve consistent, rapid growth and become the best IT Services Company in the 2011 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies Awards, as well as Employer of the Year 2011 at the National Business Awards!

If you are looking for a job in a dynamic industry with massive opportunities and your disposition is towards hard work and having fun at the same time, then you could be a potential Racker.

Rackspace is searching for the best talent to become part of our rapidly growing Linux teams who will be responsible for maintaining, diagnosing and administering customer’s solutions using the Linux platform. You will need to apply creative problem-solving techniques to resolve customer technical issues which can include: OS level, web server, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP or other software issues. These are customer facing roles so good communication skills and the desire to provide an extremely high level of service to our customers is a must!  You'll need to have a good working knowledge of Red Hat, a solid understanding of networking principles is essential and relevant qualifications (eg. RHCE, RHCT/RHCSA, MySQL DBA or LPI) are a plus.

Rackers are the 'secret sauce' that drives our success - have you got what it takes to be a Racker? If so, why not apply and send your CV to recruitment at rackspace.co.uk
----------</blurb>----------

I am of course happy to answer any questions you might wish to ask (off-list) before sending in your CV. Please feel free to pass this information on to anyone you think might be interested!!

Thanks!
Warren

PS: At the rate we're growing, we're also actively looking for people with Microsoft, Cisco, and VMWare skills (among others). If you're good at something technical, please give us a shout!

Warren Bell
Linux Team Manager

Tel: +442087344137
Mob: