[linuxjobs] Systems Administrator @ 34SP.com

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Thu Oct 27 16:07:03 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I will soon be leaving my role at 34SP.com soon and this leaves a
vacancy for a Systems Administrator:

Official blurb (including salary):

http://www.34sp.com/blog/official-news/34sp-com-employment-opportunity-2/

My take:

This is basically a third-line role, supporting both the 2nd & 1st line
support teams. There is also a lot of scope to wade-in on systems
development, major upgrades/improvements and the direction in which the
company's products progress technically.

Of course, the continued maintenance/debugging of existing systems is
also quite a large feature of the role.

A strong Linux/UNIX background[1] and good communications skills are the
two things I would say are the most important. As long as you're quick
to pick-up some of the services mentioned, you shouldn't have an issue
hitting the ground running.

The office environment is very relaxed and jolly, there are plenty of
great people here to work with and the location is fantastic: literally
a stone's throw from the Northern Quarter bars. :)

If you're interested, please submit your CV to stu at 34sp.com with the
subject 'Systems Admin position' as soon as possible.

Anyone wishing to learn more before applying is more than welcome to
drop me a line off-list with any queries that they may have.

Regards,

Tom

[1] Whilst I came from a background in Gentoo, most of the work is split
between RHEL-derivatives and Debian-derivatives. There is some FreeBSD
stuff to work with, but all-in-all if you're right for the job, a range
of environments like that shouldn't be scaring you away any time soon.