[linuxjobs] Agency Role - London, UK Linux DevOps Engineer 60k 10% bonus

James Riddett James at btr-rec.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 11:59:38 UTC 2011

Linux Operations Development Engineer - Social Networks

Location - London

*	Location: London, United Kingdom

*	Salary :-  £45>55,000 plus 10% Bonus, healthcare, pension etc.

*             We offer 25 days holiday per year

*             Great Offices, chilled out environment (we work from home one day a week

*             Casual Dress

*             The opportunity to be part of a team of social and intelligent individuals who appreciate the potential of social technology.

Skills Linux Operations Engineer with Puppet, Hadoop, Hbase, NOSQL, AWS Cloud, Ganglia

BTR are hunting for an exceptionally talented Linux Development Ops engineer for a role in a fast growing start-up based in London they're building exciting social technology whilst working with social networks and major brands across the world.

You'll be starting our DevOps process and will work amongst our team of talented developers to create the foundations for a scalable, stable, high performance SAAS platform and infrastructure. The role will expand in future and you'll drive how we best deliver that growth.

You'll work mostly on our ad management & optimisation product and social integration platforms. We're working on interesting applications and use technology including HBase, Hadoop, Mahout and EC2.

Essential:

*             34 years Experience of sys admin within a Linux  LAMP + python environment

*             Experience of rapid deployment processes including Puppet (or similar)

*             Experience of live, high volume, scalable environments

*             Motivated, ambitious self starter able to work under own initiative

*             Able to communicate actions and priorities so all the team understand

Desirable:

*             Degree from top university in computer science, engineering or science

*             Experience of Hadoop, HBase, Key Value stores, NoSQL, graph engines

*             Experience of working with AWS cloud environments

*             Experience of security/ compliance audit and documentation processes

Responsibilities

*             Ensuring we deliver the right experience for users

*             Communicate with internal team, clients or users as necessary to explain application and infrastructure status, requirements and configuration

*             Proactively monitor and manage production applications

*             Resolve production problems, working with the development team to ensure we avoid failures where possible and manage them gracefully where not

*             Making the process work

*             Setup, maintain and improve the companies development, staging and production environments.

*             Provide a stable, fast platform for applications

*             Setup, maintain and improve automated deployment and configuration processes

*             Setup, maintain and improve testing and continuous integration processes

*             Ensure the application, environments and infrastructure are secure and fit for purpose

*             Making sure our platform can scale efficiently

*             Work with the development team to ensure both application and infrastructure are able to handle scaling (up and down) and failing

*             Engage with external consultants to define requirements, gather information and present recommendations to development and management teams

*             Manage the capacity planning process including monitoring, forecasting and testing

*             You'll provide support to users (clients & consumers) and work out how we deliver support including outside standard working hours as we support a global user-base. Expect to spend time on-call as we run operations.

Job Requirements and Qualifications

*             You'll have experience of scaling Linux and MySQL environments and working with PHP and Python.

*             Your approach will involve creating repeatable processes so that your efforts go into improvement and making day-to-day work simple.

*             Tools such as Puppet and Ganglia will be part of your toolkit and you'll expect to use them whilst setting up the platforms that we'll roll out.

*             You'll be a self starter and used to working autonomously but you'll keen to be part of the team, contribute innovative ideas and drive a smart Dev/Ops culture

 Kind Regards,

James

James Riddett

Consultant

BTR Recruitment LTD

Direct:             0203 195 7092                              Main:               0203 195 7094

Website:        www.btr-rec.co.uk                 Linked in:        http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesriddett <blocked::http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesriddett>

BTR Recruitment Ltd, Registered in England, Company No. 7616428. VAT  No. GB 113 3433 60 Registered Office: The Wincombe Centre, Wincombe Business Park, Shaftesbury, Dorset, SP7 9QJ.

 The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and maybe subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the email or any part of its contents or take any action or reliance on it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by email, facsimile or telephone and return or destroy the original message.

All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in the email. BTR Recruitment Ltd cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments and we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.

Thank you.