[linuxjobs] Linux post at Loughborough University

Martin Hamilton m.t.hamilton at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Aug 1 09:26:30 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

This is an opportunity for a Linux expert to join the Research
Computing team in IT Services at Loughborough University.  Salary for
the post is £37,012 to £44,165 per annum (up to £49,689 per annum for
an exceptional candidate).  For further information, application form
etc please see:

http://hpc-midlands.ac.uk/vacancies/

You will be responsible for the day-to-day running and technical
service management of a 3,000 core supercomputer system for our new
HPC Midlands service.  HPC Midlands is a High Performance Computing
facility jointly operated by Loughborough University and the
University of Leicester to provide cloud supercomputing services for
academia and industry.

Prior experience with High Performance Computing systems would of
course be advantageous.  However, we are recognise that demand for
these skills outstrips supply, and hence we are looking for deep and
recent Linux expertise first and foremost.  We would be happy to
provide HPC specific training to the successful candidate.

If this interests you, please feel free to get in touch to discuss
informally - though note the August 6th closing date for applications!

Cheers,

Martin