[linuxjobs] Linux Systems Administrator Required - Oxfordshire - Salary up to 45K

Robin Wells Robin.Wells at it-talent.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 16:05:09 UTC 2012

Linux Systems Administrator required for my client based near Oxford for a permanent role, salary up to 40K (DOE) (+5K after 3 month probationary period)

My client is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join their team.  The focus of the role will be to provide to improve existing systems and provide support to internal users in a small and dedicated IT Support team.  You will be required to work on a 1 week in 4 on call rota after successful completion of your probation period.

Essential skills:

*         Ubuntu / Red Hat Linux Server
*         Scripting: Bash / Shell / equivalent scripting

Desirable skills:

*         VMWare
*         Windows Desktop Support
*         Apache Web Server
*         Nagios monitoring
*         Puppet / Chef experience
*         Tomcat / Jetty
*         MySQL / PostgresSQL
*         Firewalling - Cisco / Juniper

There will be occasional client site visits.

Kind regards
Robin Wells
Service Delivery Consultant

IT Talent Solutions Ltd