[linuxjobs] Linux Engineer - Acunu - London

Sam Brown sbrown at acunu.com
Thu Dec 6 16:07:30 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Acunu (http://www.acunu.com) is looking for a Linux Engineer to join our
Infrastructure & QA team who are responsible for designing, building and
operating our engineering infrastructure.

We operate complex systems to manage, build, stress and performance test
our codebase and releases, in our own datacenter and on public clouds.
Product quality is extremely important to us: we automate everything we can
to make the product supremely robust and see this role as an important and
challenging role within the team. The potential to pick up new languages
and tools quickly with an eye for detail is more important than previous
experience. Strong technical skills and great communication skills are both
equally important.

Key Responsibilities
* Take ownership for development and testing of our build system, test
system, performance testing suite and other tools
* Enhance and operate the test infrastructure, including locally hosted and
co-located hardware, locally hosted VMs and EC2 instances
* Own and develop the product installer and other product deployment
software
* Support our Linux and Mac company desktop infrastructure
* Provide advice and support to developers on architecting tests, analysing
and reporting on test
coverage and make recommendations on ways to expand coverage
* Support and configure the base OS and build system – package up first and
third party code and
upstream security fixes for multiple operating systems and configurations

Skills and Experience
* A degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline is desirable
* A good understanding of data structure design and concurrency
* Familiarity using and administering Linux environments (especially Debian
and Redhat), including shell scripting
* Experience programming with Python, Perl, Bash, Java, C or OCaml would be
desirable
* Awareness of build systems including Make, Ant and SPEC files is desirable
* Prior experience with automated testing and QA processes is desirable but
not essential
* Great verbal and written communication skills with people of varying
levels of technical expertise

We are based near Old Street in central London and are offering a salary of
c£35-45,000 along with a benefits package that includes share options, 25
days holiday, life insurance, dental, gym etc.

If you are interested in finding out more or would like to apply, please
email jobs at acunu.com.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Brown