[linuxjobs] devops / Automation development - London

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Thu Feb 16 11:40:34 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded message from Simon Loader <simon at surf.org.uk> -----

So although the job spec doesn't really spell it out. This is an
opportunity to run operations the way you would like.
Salary would be high > 50K I would hope. Especially for the correct
enthusiastic person .

http://www.plumbeegames.com/

Automated operations engineer
Engineering – London, United Kingdom – Full Time

We are seeking an automated operations engineer to help us design and
develop the systems infrastructure of our social applications. Our current
stack includes Flash, Java, MySQL and Linux on Amazon Web Services; and we
work in a high-speed, iterative way, relying on automated testing,
continuous integration, automated deployments, and real-time feedback from
live systems. We also happen to be really fun people who kick ass at FIFA,
Starcraft, and Singstar.

We are looking for:

Experience operating consumer-facing distributed server systems involving
hundreds of machines
Deep understanding of Linux-based server systems, including a variety of
standard tools and system metrics
Experience building automated build, release, test, and deploy using Git,
Maven, and Jenkins
Ability to write well-structured, readable scripts, especially in Bash,
Perl, and Python
Familiarity with a variety of operational tools, from monitoring,
alerting, and log aggregation to system performance analysis and tuning
Knowledge of creating spec files and building RPMs
Experience profiling, maintaining, and tuning database software,
especially MySQL
Experience profiling, maintaining, and tuning Java servlet containers and
web servers, especially Jetty
Familiarity with virtualized environments, especially EC2 and other Amazon
Web Services
Excellent understanding of networking protocols
Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Scientific and analytical approach to problem solving
Computer science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
We also value:

Knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and techniques such as non-RDBMS
(noSQL) data stores, service-oriented architecture (SOA), messaging (JMS,
AMQP) and event-driven architecture (EDA), REST
Experience working in agile, iterative environments
Familiarity with other programming languages, the more the better
(especially Java, Javascript, Actionscript)
Experience working with third party services such as social networks
Check us out on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/plumbee

Check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/plumbee

--
Simon