[linuxjobs] Vacancies at we7

Stu Teasdale stu at drogna.org.uk
Wed Jun 27 15:50:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

We7 is recruiting at the moment, I've attached some company blurb and
the vacancies below. Please send applications to stuart-cvs at we7.com. No
recruiters thank you.

-------------------------------8<------------------------------------

We work in an exciting industry that a large appeal to most users of the
web and are involved with and use cutting edge web technologies.
We're now growing and are looking for experienced, creative and
enthusiastic individuals to join our team, maintaining, developing and
improving our website, mobile and device applications.

WE7 has an open, lively culture where every team member can make a
difference. We enjoy regular social events, lunchtime football matches
and printing things on our 3D printer!
Staff also run Geek meetings to improve their knowledge of a vast array
of useful (and not so useful) technologies and topics. Job titles are
important to us and the more ridiculous the better!

Locations: London, but would consider strong candidates based in Oxford
for the reporting role.

Server Wrangler - Reporting to the Director of No
(System Administrator)

Overview:

As a part of the systems administration team, maintain and enhance the
infrastructure of the we7 live site (Debian, Postgres, Tomcat ...). In
addition the role includes helping to look after internal office systems
(Ubuntu, Mac OS and Windows Desktops, Samba, NFS, LDAP). Live site
management would require occasional trips to data centres in Docklands
and Cambridge.

Skills
Solid Unix/Linux administration skills (3 years+)
Writing scripts in bash
Good knowledge of at least one of perl, python or ruby
Experience of running production websites, preferably using apache tomcat

Any experience of the following would be a bonus:
Source control with svn, git
Configuration management with puppet
Administering postgresql
Setting up and running Hadoop clusters
Debian/Ubuntu packaging
Windows Servers
String Puller/Chief String Puller - Reporting to the CTO
(Database Administrator/Database Software Engineer)

The reporting team are responsible for generating and delivering music
usage reports to collection societies and content managers, as well as
creating in depth statistics for use by internal departments to aid
evaluation of results and planning.

This role will involve maintaining the reporting and statistics codebase
and database systems, as well as enhancing the system to cover changing
internal and external requirements.

Skills:
Good programming skills, with shell and perl preferred.
High level of SQL knowledge, preferably with an understanding of
Postgresql
Ability to work with a wide range of internal and external customers.
Any experience of the following would be advantageous:
Data warehousing
Hadoop
Database performance tuning
Experience of using statistics and visualisation to understand business
and/or web-usage data

Stu
--
>From the prompt of Stu Teasdale