[linuxjobs] Systems Administrator, Fleet, Hampshire (very near train station)

Tim Retout t.retout at cv-library.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 14:31:52 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm hiring for a permanent, full-time sysadmin - details below, or also
on our website at:
http://www.cv-library.co.uk/uk-jobs/113613305/search-systems-administrator/Fleet-Hampshire/Systems-Administrator-Job.html

Please forward this on to anyone who may be interested.

Apply through the website at the above link, or email your CV to
<jobs at cv-library.co.uk>.

Kind regards,

Tim Retout
CV-Library Ltd.

--

CV-Library has become one of the UK's largest online recruitment job
sites and attracts over 2.1 million jobseekers every month. With a

Over 130 000 people join us every month, making us a must have service
for the Recruitment Industry and cementing our position as the "fastest
growing job board in the UK".

Due to this growth and success, we are looking for a Systems
Administrator to join us at our offices in Fleet.

This is a new and exciting role within CV-Library giving an excellent
opportunity for training or higher career development. You will be
involved in all areas of the website but ultimately responsible for the
following:

      * Administration of our externally hosted LAMP systems, running
        several high-traffic websites.
      * Maintenance of our office network, including various development
        and file servers.
      * Customer support for around 50 workstations.

You will possess the following qualities:

      * Experience of running a medium-sized network with multiple users
        and Windows workstations.
      * 5+ years of Linux systems administration experience.
      * Experience with maintaining web servers such as Apache, Nginx or
        lighttpd.
      * Experience with running email services using MTAs such as
        Postfix, Exim or Sendmail.
      * Experience of server/service monitoring using tools such as
        Nagios and Munin.
      * Ability to work well under pressure with a positive attitude,
        maintaining professionalism.
      * Communications skills to ensure internal customers understand
        technical issues.
      * Extremely organised with a high level of attention to detail.

Also beneficial would be:

      * RHCE or LPIC certification.
      * Familiarity with distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux
        (RHEL), CentOS, Debian or Ubuntu.
      * Programming short shell scripts, or scripting with languages
        such as Perl, Python or Ruby.
      * Experience with administering databases such as MySQL or
        PostgreSQL.
      * Experience with other free/open source software such as Samba,
        memcached or Solr.

You will have access to

      * High Quality Dual Monitors
      * High Spec PCs
      * iPod friendly
      * Laid back Dress Code

We strive to find the best candidates for our roles and provide top
quality training and career progression. Our fantastic new offices are
adjacent to Fleet train station and commuting by train is positively
encouraged.

--
Tim Retout <t.retout at cv-library.co.uk>

CV-Library Ltd is registered in England No. 4790429. Registered Office:
Beacon House, 10 Waterfront Business Park, Station Approach, Fleet,
Hampshire, GU51 3TX