[linuxjobs] "No agencies" policy?

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 23:20:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

Darren Austin wrote:
> > > This list is hardly inundated so I support keeping agency posts.
> > I second Ben's comment.
> As do I.

I fourth it.

> I would also add that, seeing job postings from agencies on this list
> gives me a positive reflection of their competence - since they've
> figured out where they should be posting the Linux job.

I've thought this too;  a hurdle in etiquette that if they pass would
make me consider using them if I were looking.

Mailman does have `topics', an ability to scan the subject and start of
the email for regexps and assign them to the defined topics, subscribers
choosing which topics interest them.  Seems overkill for the dribble of
job postings on here though, and not foolproof.
http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/3840046/Topics-for-Mailman.htm

> Y2K isn't until 2048.  1K = 1024, right?

No, that's Ki for kibi.  ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix#IEC_standard_prefixes

Cheers, Ralph.