[linuxjobs] "No agencies" policy?

Stephen Gran steve at lobefin.net
Thu Nov 15 07:53:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 05:35:31PM +0000, Ege Turgay said:
> However, I'd really like to have some rules for these posts similar to
> the one on GLUG
> (http://gllug.org.uk/index.php?/archives/4-Commercial-Posting-Policy.html)
>
> briefly:
> Type of skills required to fill the vacancy.
> Location details - don't just say 'London', it's a big place.
> Type of employer.
> Minimum salary.
>
> which would reveal at least the approx location of the job as well as
> the minimum salary.

I would suggest that when a recruiter posts dribble without details,
that the people worth hiring refrain from engaging with the recruiter.

It's not going to be worth their while to not get anything from posting
to the list, so either they'll change how they post or they'll stop
posting.

Cheers,
|  Stephen Gran                  | The first thing I do in the morning is  |
|  steve at lobefin.net             | brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue.   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | -- Dorothy Parker                       |