[linuxjobs] Job discussions

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 09:24:37 UTC 2012

Hi All

Personally I'm not that bothered about discussions on the mailing list, as a matter of fact in some cases I welcome personal incites or further information proffered by people who receive emails from this service (Notice I did not say member's who receive emails? We are not members of anything on this list.) I also welcome agencies, the job centre and that bloke down the pub who heard from a friend who's brother thinks there might be a vacancy in the Shetland islands.

I do agree it's silly to ask on this list about, location, wages and or conditions. If you want to know these things ring them up for gods sake, and when you do call them post back here against the vacancy the details you have discovered that will;

A. Give people the info they want.
B. Stop the duplicate questions.
C. Encourage posters to give better information.

As to the so called spamming or volume of mails? Behave! There is no spam or volume, in fact you can sit and watch the tumble-weed here most of the time! So far this year there has been 165 emails (And two of those have been deleted.) that's not even one a day for the love of Joanna Lumley.

Nov12	48
Oct12	15
Sept12	15
Aug12	4
July12	13
June12	8
May12	11
March12	14
Feb12	14
Jan12	11

On average it's about 150 mails per year, hardly worth your mail filters bothering to be honest.

So here's what I'd like to see, stop moaning, and lets have more traffic with with vacancies.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net