[linuxjobs] Job discussions

Jonathan Archer jon at rosslug.org.uk
Wed Nov 28 11:54:42 UTC 2012

Apologies for the double post, not sure what happened there.

Jon

On 2012-11-28 10:53, Jonathan Archer wrote:

> I second Peter's
comments,

> Although I do slightly disagree with the statement "I do
agree it's silly to ask on this list about, location, wages and or
conditions" those emails shouldn't happen, the onus should be on the
poster to make sure they have complete information about the post.

i.e.

> Job title
>
> Location
>
> Salary
>
> General overview
of the role

> Compulsory expectations of the candidate

Desirable expectations of the candidate.

> I guess the key is to put
yourselves in the shoes of a Job Hunter, they need as many jobs to come
through as possible. Those that aren't hunting should really just be
reading this list.

09:26, Peter Cannon wrote:

>> Hi All
>>
>> Personally I'm not that
bothered about discussions on the mailing list, as a matter of fact in
some cases I welcome personal incites or further information proffered
by people who receive emails from this service (Notice I did not say
member's who receive emails? We are not members of anything on this
list.) I also welcome agencies, the job centre and that bloke down the
pub who heard from a friend who's brother thinks there might be a
vacancy in the Shetland islands.

>> I do agree it's silly to ask on
this list about, location, wages and or conditions. If you want to know
these things ring them up for gods sake, and when you do call them post
back here against the vacancy the details you have discovered that
will;

>> A. Give people the info they want.
>> B. Stop the duplicate
questions.
>> C. Encourage posters to give better information.
>>
>> As
to the so called spamming or volume of mails? Behave! There is no spam
or volume, in fact you can sit and watch the tumble-weed here most of
the time! So far this year there has been 165 emails (And two of those
have been deleted.) that's not even one a day for the love of Joanna
Lumley.

>> Nov12 48
>> Oct12 15
>> Sept12 15
>> Aug12 4
>> July12
13
>> June12 8
>> May12 11
>> March12 14
>> Feb12 14
>> Jan12 11

On average it's about 150 mails per year, hardly worth your mail filters
bothering to be honest.

>> So here's what I'd like to see, stop
moaning, and lets have more traffic with with vacancies.

>> --

Regards

https://twitter.com/dick_turpin [1]
>> http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk